Frequently Asked Questions

Out-of-court Settlements

What is an out-of-court settlement?

An out-of-court settlement can be defined as a legal agreement that has been negotiated outside of court or without a judge or jury’s input.

Though most Florida accident cases are settled outside of the courtroom, an injury attorney would still play a significant role in negotiating and securing a fair settlement for your accident injuries and losses.

When you attempt to negotiate an out-of-court settlement on your own you run the risk of receiving an offer that does not take into consideration the residual effects of your injury(ies) and the possibility of future medical expenses and/or inability to maintain gainful employment.

It is always wise to enlist the help of an injury attorney who has successfully dealt with insurance companies in the past to ensure that you are treated fairly throughout the process. In many instances, the liable party will be quick to offer an out-of-court settlement before you get a chance to properly evaluate your damages.

How a South Florida Injury Attorney Can Help

If you’ve suffered damage because of someone else’s carelessness, a Florida injury attorney can advise you on how to file a solid personal injury claim. Your injury attorney will prepare a demand letter on your behalf, which describes the damages you incurred and may continue to incur as a result of the accident and how much compensation you are requesting.

Injured? We can help.

No Fee or Costs if No Recovery.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Free Case Evaluation

Click here to receive a no-cost, no-obligation consultation on your case.

Click For Directions

Get location and directions to our Law Office conveniently located in Lake Worth.

Have A Legal Question

Email a question about your personal injury case and our team will respond.